Monday, 7 November 2016

BEING AN RAF GIRLFRIEND - THE FIRST WEEK

It's been exactly one week since I last saw my boyfriend (Ben his name is). And it has quite literally been one of the hardest but also one of the  most sentimental weeks of my life.

After Ben left I did A LOT of researching about being in the RAF and also being a family member of someone who is in the RAF because, like any boyfriend, he often replied with 'I dunno'. And that's one thing I really struggle with: not knowing. It has come to my attention though that there is not a great deal of information, or personal experiences, out there for people my age having a boyfriend going into basic training. So allow me to take it away...

I'm going start by saying that I am a needy girlfriend. Not needy in the sense that I can't do things for myself, but needy in the sense that I  crave attention, and obviously once your other half leaves for the military attention is not what you get. It's not all that bad though; if I can get over it anybody can!

Day 1 - Tuesday
Before leaving him, the night before I gave him a photo album of the pictures we had together (I don't have much money at the moment) but he seemed to really like it. Which is good because I'm a massive fanatic of all things sentimental! The day he left he drove to Halton himself which meant we had to text each other goodbye at about 1pm since I was at college and had classes to go to. We didn't talk again that first day until about 9pm, which I think is something that really did upset me because I thought that I wouldn't be able to talk to my babes until 9pm every night, which isn't ideal seems as I do love an early night. He also sent me a photo of his new haircut that night too which also upset me far more than it should have. Not because it looked bad but because it wasn't 'him'.

Day 2 - Wednesday
I think this was the hardest day out of all of them. I ended up crying to my college teacher who was kind enough to comfort me a little which was nice. I also had a driving lesson this day so had to pick myself up for that to avoid any collisions. I also saw my friend for about an hour in the evening which was nice but sure enough I went home and sobbed my heart out to my mum (who by the way has been ever so lovely). I don't think Ben messaged me again until about 9pm, which obviously I understand - he's bound to be busy. It was just difficult going from being able to talk to him about anything at any time to having to hold everything in and talk for a short time at night.He also told me this night that he wasn't sure if he wanted to continue with the training and this absolutely broke my heart as his mum had just messaged me telling me he's wanted to do this since he was 11 and I in no way wanted to affect his performance!

Day 3 - Thursday
I spent the day at my new job on Thursday so my new colleagues must think I'm the most miserable, anti-social, little bitch ever. Oh well. That evening was the worst we'd experienced as a couple though. Although I had managed to have my first phone call with him emotions were flying high and I told Ben that it would be best if we stopped seeing each other - WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS! Being the gentleman he is he told me that he understands and that he doesn't want to argue with me. I then did what any typical girl would do and cried myself to sleep.

Day 4 - Friday
I firstly want to say that since Friday I have had absolutely no doubts about our relationship, I haven't cried once and I'm the happiest I have ever been! I woke up and told Ben how sorry I was for everything I had said the night before and that I was totally wrong. He forgave me and finished early that evening so we had a decent amount of time to talk that and that honestly made me so happy! I called him while I was with my mum and best friend and we had such a long and lovely conversation.

Day 5, 6 & 7 - Saturday, Sunday, Monday
Everything has been bliss the past couple of days! I've spent my time at work or with my bestie (Kathryn) and family. Ben and I are on the best terms we have ever been on and I cannot wait to see his beautiful face in just 24 days!

A Little Side Note...
Although not related to this post particularly I just want to say that although my love for all things beauty is still going strong, I want to start posting more random chats and about how my current life is going - a little bit like an open diary. When I started this blog I very much just wanted to be able to take pretty pictures of my makeup and put it on, but two years later and I've decided that, actually, I love talking and rambling on about my little life. So that's exactly what I'm going to do.

If you have any questions at all about how I'm finding life as an RAF girlfriend please don't hesitate to ask! You can even message me on my social media if you'd like. See ya soon!

♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment